Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuner Reviews

Post Thanks / Like
    I get my car back tomorrow (all things going well) and hopefully I'll have something more to add to this thread.

I'm anxious and excited

2. Likes lmoengnr, wonky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizt V View Post
    I get my car back tomorrow (all things going well) and hopefully I'll have something more to add to this thread.

I'm anxious and excited
    What garage is your car visiting?

President Oz LSx Club
    https://www.facebook.com/OzLSxClub
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/OzLSxClub/
    Instagram: @ozlsxclub #ozlsxclub

Post Thanks / Like
    well whats it like? should have picked it up by now.
    must be to busy being careful in the rain

Garry
    gmm tuned and all mods fitted 12.93@112.19

member 32

Post Thanks / Like
    Mods are done, tuning to be completed. I should have it tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently there were issues putting the extractors on, I'll find out more tomorrow. Then hopefully Skids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disco364 View Post
    What garage is your car visiting?
    APS are doing the work this time. They are persistent on getting the car done right and not rushing it.

8. Likes Tuffie, HSV982 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    APS are doing the work this time. They are persistent on getting the car done right and not rushing it.
    Sure are good choice.... Luis knows his stuff

President Oz LSx Club
    https://www.facebook.com/OzLSxClub
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/OzLSxClub/
    Instagram: @ozlsxclub #ozlsxclub

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers. Frank just let me know it is ready to be picked up. Yay. Will report back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dyno figure just in .... 263 rwkw.

20131109_APS_Tune.jpg

I know different dyno, different tuner... but the figure is still pretty cool

I'll drive the car for a week before giving a full overview of the differences.

12. Likes dazthetripper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guessed 255-260rwkw, wasn't far off.

14. Likes dazthetripper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh, you were closer than I was at 250

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have guessed around 260 which is what both my VEs have done at Chev's and the APS dyno apparently reads marginally higher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear it is around the mark then. The L98's seem to get pretty healthy figures from minor mods compared to the old LS1's that my mates have had.

The car sounds much different now and drives a lot different. It will take me some time to put all my thoughts together and make a comparison.

The Sureflo extractors and cats have been installed (apparently rather difficult to do for the mechanic).
    The Camaro deep A6 pan and CTS-V wide mouth filter were installed
    New engine and A6 tune completed.

Time for skids

Post Thanks / Like
    So far it has been a pleasure to deal with APS. Frank and Luis have been very helpful with their time and advice, thanks guys. I was surprised at the amount of cars at APS, it really is like a parking lot over there

I reckon I have done about 200kms today and so far I'm loving it. It is too early to give a full run down as some of the issues I was having were intermittent in nature so I must wait it out. The issues were; holding gears too long, hesitation when putting the power down after breaking, flaring between 2nd and 3rd (1000rpm) and intermittent rough idle.

So far the A6 is shifting very very well now, very crisp changes. It now feels like a high end box, pretty impressive really. Putting it in manual mode was a bit of a surprise as the shifts are almost instantaneous now, no real pause / delay to speak about.

The sound of the car is very very different to what it was. At idle there is now a lope which is kind of cool. My wife loves how it sounds at idle. hehe, should be easy enough to get the OK for a CAM now. At cruising speed it is a little quieter in the cabin and also deeper if that makes sense. I haven't been able to do too much WOT action but it does sound different again.... there is less noise in the cabin and there is much more sucking of air sound... I guess that is the OTR. Not sure why I would hear more of that now?

Overall very happy thus far. Thanks APS. I'll report back in a week with some more driving.

Here are some pics for those that want to have a look see...

IMG_20131109_163145.jpgIMG_20131109_163152.jpgIMG_20131109_163212.jpgIMG_20131109_163222.jpg
    Last edited by Drizt V; 09-11-2013 at 05:21 PM.

19. Likes dazthetripper, lmoengnr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

21. Likes dazthetripper, lmoengnr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahhh the joys of fresh mods... enjoy it next week you'll want more!!!! hahaha

23. Likes Drizt V liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by walkin1 View Post
    ahhh the joys of fresh mods... enjoy it next week you'll want more!!!! hahaha
    hehe, I know.. sad isn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    good to hear you are happy so far mate, I luve the sureflos and the difilippo combination as you and I have discussed, 2 1/2 " gives a great deep sound, IMO
    Last edited by dazthetripper; 10-11-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to give a big THANK YOU to APS for doing the latest work on my car. I'm much happier now with how it drives Thanks Frank, Luis and the other mechanic that I didn't catch his name when I picked up the car.

It is still early days but I am starting to get a good handle on the changes:

1. In stop start traffic the gear box is now much more decisive. Before it felt like it was clutch slipping for much of the time, now it is just smooth and pretty much like stock. The wife was very appreciative of this change.
    2. I haven't had any of the 1000RPM flaring between 2nd and 3rd which is a relief (it used to do this pretty regularly and it didn't matter if it was cold or hot / well warmed up). That was getting very annoying very fast.
    3. The gear box is now very very smooth when driving sedately and very snappy when driving rapidly, im very impressed.
    4. The car feels very responsive and is a pleasure to drive.
    5. I haven't been able to do a lot WOT but I'll be going to drags next weekend so there is plenty of time for that.
    6. On cold starts going up a slight hill with moderate throttle it sometimes does what seems like flaring for about 200RPM but it is much less noticable or as annoying as before.. It doesn't do it at all after it has warmed up.
    7. I noticed a thunk noise when I floored it from coasting speeds and it kicked down 3-4 gears, not sure what it was. I'll keep an eye / ear out for it.
    8. All I can say is the changes are very positive and I WOULD DO IT AGAIN THANK YOU APS.

I can't say how much of an change the deep pan made as I had the tune done at the same time. Its impossible to say if the deep pay made any difference at all. Time will tell I guess.

27. Thanks dazthetripper thanked for this post
    Likes AD07.., lmoengnr, dazthetripper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all my first post as I just found this forum yesterday. i've been in to the modding cars seen for about 3 decades now.LOL. I'm a member of the other forum too of which I notice a lot of your names here are also from there but I have changed my name( ex clubzls2) as I no longer have that car.
    My first entrance into the LSX scene was in 2005 with a Clubsport. G & D performance did defilipo 4-1's, hi flo cats, custom cai box and tune and it posted about 265RWKW on a M6. It was all good except that a cel would come on when decelerating down the west gate bridge for some reason. Next they installed a PWR blower @ 7PSI and it put out 337rwkw, again all good for a month and then all hell broke loose with a trac control/ABS malfunction that nobody could repair so mods came off and car was sold off.
    Before that I had HPF do a bit of work to my former VP 355 stroker, and after the clubby to my Mazda3 MPS. They were very good also, although I broke a cam lobe on the stroker shortly after they tuned it however I don't blame them for that.
    Presently I just purchased a humble VY as I'm semi-retired and out of spending money and also moved house so I met CHEV who is literally around the corner when I had a diff leak in the new car. He patched it up no prob, then I talked about my past etc and next thing the sluggy VY received a tune tweak to the engine and A4. It felt like a new car, so much so that next thing I had catback fitted, then I had Chev put on Tr-Y's, opened up cats and re -tweak to the tune of 213rwkw. I couldn't be happier with his work and he is also nice and friendly to talk to. I'm currently collecting pieces for my after Xmas baby cam install and I'll be paying him another visit.
    As others mentioned there is good and bad stories regarding all workshops, however my experiences with popular forum shops have been mainly positive with good quality clean work performed by professional and courteous workers and management.

29. Thanks Drizt V, wonky thanked for this post
    Likes Drizt V, wonky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing mate. Your right about there being good and bad stories about most shops.

Good to hear you are loving your car after the mods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing mate. Your right about there being good and bad stories about most shops.

Good to hear you are loving your car after the mods.
    Your ride and pics are impressive too. Good work and enjoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxSic View Post
    Your ride and pics are impressive too. Good work and enjoy
    Thanks mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All

My local mechanic Brett from WILS AUTOS did the cai extractors high flow cats pulley upgrade etc then over to phonzy @ GM MOTORSPORT for the tune could not be happier with the results 421.6 rwkw 907.1 nm on my GTS LSA

34. Likes Maccas, RARASV8, lmoengnr, wonky liked this post
    Oz LSx Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great results mate, any other mods?

Thread Information