Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KNGSLE View Post
    Unbelievably I found their site on facile last night and asked them if they do one for the VE. He just replied they have an alternative for $799.
    that would be the Eaton Truetrac Im guessing, talk to Tuffie about them as he had one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KNGSLE View Post
    Unbelievably I found their site on facile last night and asked them if they do one for the VE. He just replied they have an alternative for $799.
    Yeah there is a similar Diff out there, new on the market or it could be the Eaton one which is cheaper than the harrop, BUT EATON is only rated to 500HP and the harrop is rated to 500KW...
    Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah righto I don't think I will hit 500hp with this car so should be alright. If I get any more I will replace it. Probably go a wavetrac if I got any more than 500hp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know any good stores that sell the Eaton truetracs for the VE's?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup I would certainly agree there - the stallie make a huge difference to what ratio you put in the diff. I have gone from stock right up through the entire range (using base VE converter). My Harrop Tru Trac has died last week, hence I was going to go 9"; but it all became too much trouble, too hard and time and cost ect.

I received my complete new diff for the VE today, with 4.11 ratio and newest version of Harrop Tru Trac LSD. I'm getting it fitted with new axles and CV joints happening next week. I will now have a spare housing to prep awaiting the next diff issue where I will have it already to go and fit-up.

Oh, cause I'm new I better say that I have a VE Calais-V with 6L80E
    Last edited by Calaisrider; 10-06-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum mate. why not show us your Calais and open up a Show and shine thread?
    [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR="#FF8C00"][SIZE=6]Oz LSX Club Member # 25[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [SIZE=2] 99 VT HSV Senator Wagon [/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [SIZE=2] 05 VZ HSV Avalanche Wagon [/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 06 ve ss and I have put a bigger cam in and stuff but still have standard diff what would people recommend? what diff would be better? Mine has started to make noises thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David.mia View Post
    I have an 06 ve ss and I have put a bigger cam in and stuff but still have standard diff what would people recommend? what diff would be better? Mine has started to make noises thanks
    If your happy with the gear ratio just true trac it and with new bearings providing the gears arnt damaged!

Currently have a group buy happening now!

Or for about 1700 bucks you can get brand new 3.45 & 3.7 diffs from holden and lower ratios are a little cheaper!

President Oz LSx Club
    https://www.facebook.com/OzLSxClub
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/OzLSxClub/
    Instagram: @ozlsxclub #ozlsxclub

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David.mia View Post
    A6 or M6?

HSV seem to have got it right with their ratios i.e. 3.27 for A6 and 3.7 for M6. That said, I had 3.45 in my A6 SSV ute and loved them - really woke it up coming off roundabouts and made SFA difference to economy.

I know at least one person with 3.7s in their A6 who loves them but that's an individual opinion. It makes 1st gear useless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, interested in going 3.27-3.45 in my VE II SS Thunder with auto also... who would sell the diff gears?

Post Thanks / Like
    From memory gears from a dealer are about $600 the set and most places apparently charge about the same to fit and redo the diff. You may as well buy a brand new complete shot peened centre from Holmart or somewhere then sell your original. About the same overall outlay and you get a brand new shot peened diff, I assume with guarantee.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a new genuine 3.7 diff for 1695 at holmart, though I'd only use genuine gears after hearing all the story's with after market ones.
    Though I know genuine 3.7 gears only we're 1000....

I'll have my 3.45 diff for sale in a week or so.... Gears are good and diff is good too

President Oz LSx Club
    https://www.facebook.com/OzLSxClub
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/OzLSxClub/
    Instagram: @ozlsxclub #ozlsxclub

13. Likes wonky liked this post

Thread Information